Last Names



I only joined SL a few years ago, so I've never had the opportunity to have a last name. I didn't even know about last names when I joined, it was just "put in a username here shithead, that's what we'll call you, thx." And I was like, "fine, Pandatoes it is, fuck off." It wasn't until I got past Newb Island that I realized my name was incomplete.

Everyone was running around with wacky last names, and I was like "the fuck is going on here, did I miss an option or something?" So I looked it up. No. No. Panda, you didn't miss anything. That fun was taken away years ago. /me big frowny face

Time's gone on since then and I've gotten used to the Resident last name. The weird name you only see on the "look who just showed up" boards and only type when someone needs to send you something. But I have always kinda wanted one. At least until I read that they were always on a stupid rotating exclusive availability when they were a thing. You'd get random name from a pool of like 5 (cancel creation and try for one of the others) when you joined. There was never a choice. So I was like "If I can't choose a name, what's the point?" And accepted Resident.



So now, last names are back, complete with the added bonus of monetization. Not only is it 40 bucks to change your name, you need premium as well. I'm broke so there's strike 1. The pool of names is larger than I was expecting, but it's still going to be a rotating exclusive thing. Change now or loose out on a cool name. FOMO can bite my ass, strike 2. Those names don't really interest me either (covfefe? really?), so I guess strike 3.

Guess I'm fine as I am.

SL Forums: Now Available: Last Names in Second Life


Avi:
Body: [Slink] Hourglass
Head: [Genus] Strong Face Gift 001 (Group Gift / Free Group)
Skin: [7 Deadly Skins] Hally, pineapple
Hair & Hair Base: [No Match] No Case (Dubai Event Gift)
Eyes: [Leronso] Group Gift (Group Gift / 399L Group Join)

Clothes:
Shirt & Panties: [Sass] Actually I Can (Stay at Home Club Freebie)

Makeup:
Heart Tattoos: [Mad'] Lil Loves
Blush: [Dulce Secrets] Ketra (Free Subscriber Gift)
Eyeshadow: [Amara Beauty] Miranda
Nails: [Tone2] Speckled Eggs (Group Gift / Free Group (for now))

Background:
[The Art & Poster Store] Keep Calm and Wash your Hands (Freebie)
[Backbone] Butt-B Clean Throne (Freebie)
[MythStay at Home Rugs (Stay at Home Club Freebie)

Poses & Props:
Top and Middle Pic [Sassy Sweet Poses] Computer
Bottom Pic [Insomnia Angel] Claire
Bottom Pic [ChiMia] ChiBook (Rotates on their midnight boards & lucky chairs / Free Group Needed)

Comments

Popular Posts